Java Product Engineer
As a Java Product Engineer at Rombit, you join a self-steering product team. Together with the Product Manager and Product Designer, you’re part of a close-knit team that is able to come up with the best solution for our customers both in terms of technical implementation and user experience.
Driven by profound knowledge and passion for development, back-end developers at Rombit lend color to the current set of frameworks and technologies for our solution use-cases.
You are able to take responsibility for the backend of our product and are able to select the right technologies and tools to build the solution within our set of core technologies. You are able to turn those into a working solution for the client.
You are responsible for the quality of your code and are able to improve on existing code through refactoring. You are adept at test-driven development and are able to write clear unit tests and integration tests.
You are able to work in an agile environment and will review the work of your peers in order to provide them with constructive feedback.
- A problem-solving attitude
- Java/Spring Boot
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Full stack experience is a plus
Extra points if you master this:
- Setting up application architectures
- Basic DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP
- Agile and test-driven development
- Knowledge of how to structure REST APIs
- Experience in data engineering is a plus (SQL data management)
- Basic understanding of UML (ERD, sequence diagram, flowchart)
- Experience with SCRUM
You share the values of a true Rombiteer:
- Be curious: By embracing the unknown, we allow ourselves to discover new perspectives
- Be brave: By simply having the balls, we will fix anything
- Be one: By being a close-knit team, we create more valuable solutions for our customers
We offer you...
- Numerous advantages on top of your salary: company car, insurances, bike leasing, eco cheques…
- A personalized training budget, frequent knowledge sharing sessions and meetups
- Autonomy, openness, trust and flexibility
- A spot in a self-steering team, with room for your input. The more, the better!
- A challenging and fun scale-up environment. Think hackathons, ping pong sessions, team buildings…
- Our modern and spacious office in the center of Antwerp is easily accessible by public transport and car (parking space will be taken care of).
Why join Rombit?
You'll learn new things every week during our Knowledge Sharing Sessions and meetups. Never not learning!
You'll work in a solid, self-steering team, backed by colleagues who are eager to tackle the most complex challenges. Together.
You'll feel at ease in our bright, peaceful office. It's located in the heart of Antwerp, easily accessible by bike, car and public transport.
You'll have an impact on the dynamics within ports, warehouses, logistics, ... You'll boost their safety, security and efficiency.
You'll have the freedom to express your ideas and take ownership. We value your input and insights. You're the expert, right.
You need a break? Challenge your colleagues for table tennis, table football or darts in our lounge.